In your project and account settings on the web, you can create categories, in addition to dragging and dropping the categories to re-arrange the order. What does this order mean? The order that they are put in will reflect in the order the categories appear on your daily report. Simply assign notes to categories, and they will be put into the daily report under that category.
How to Set Up Categories:
- Once logged into the NoteVault website, click on "ACCOUNT SETTINGS" (displayed as a gear icon) on the top right.
- Click on "Global Default Settings".
- Scroll down to "REPORT CATEGORIES".
- Add categories.
- Drag and drop to re-arrange the category order on your daily report.
How to Assign New Notes to Categories [Web]:
- Add a note by clicking on "ADD" (displayed as a plus sign).
- Pick a category from the drop-down menu to the right of where you type your note.
- Click "Add" when you are done.
How to Assign Existing Notes to Categories [Web]:
- To assign an existing note to a category, hover over the note and click on the note menu icon (displayed as ☰).
- Click on "Categories."
- Select the category you wish to assign the note to from the "CATEGORIES" drop-down menu.
- Click "Save" when you are done.
How to Tag Notes to Categories [Mobile]:
- Open the NoteVault Notes! app on your Apple iOS or Android device.
- You must take a note before you tag it to a category, so once you have a note you would like to tag to a category, tap on "Tag Category."
- You will then see a screen with a list of categories. Swipe the switch for the category/categories you would like to tag the note to.
- When the switch is yellow, that means the note is tagged to that category.